Gastric Sleeve

 


So a few weeks I finally had a gastric sleeve after waiting almost 5 years for it. I finally got my surgery date and managed to lose 5 stone dieting. 

You hear all these stories of how weight loss surgery leads to dramatic weight loss and you see all these incredible body transformations but that couldn't be further from reality. 

It's been 8 weeks since the operation and I've lost 4 stone so far, there's still a long long way to go. Now what I wasn't prepared for was all the lifestyle changes, yes I knew I'd be eating a lot less cause me stomach is about 90% smaller than it used to be. 

There's a lot of things I wasn't expecting though like being on vitamins and calcium tablets for life oh and a vitamin injection every 3 months. Now that's the medical side dealt with and it's the easier part. But what I didn't know was how you can't eat and drink at the same time and have to wait 30 minutes inbeteen eating and drinking and dumping syndrome which is one of the worse feelings ever it's happened to me a couple of times and I was sick, sweating and felt really dizzy and it lasted for an hour. 

Weight loss surgery is not a quick fix and a lot of people think it's easy and you just naturally lose lots of weight quickly which isn't true at all. The person has to put in an awful lot of work for the surgery to be successful and for some people it isn't always successful. It's simply a tool you still have to diet a lot, make lifestyle changes for life, eat lots of protein and try manage all the psychological hunger. 

I'm grateful for the surgery and I know it's gonna help me lead a healthier life I just wasn't prepared for all the changes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You've got so much to be happy about"

New Year's Resolutions!

*OZ Naturals Ocean Minerals Cleanser*