Battling Eczema


I've been dealing with eczema all my life and tried all the creams imaginable not to mention lotions for bathing. I'm pleased to say I have grown out of it...almost. Eczema in incurable and extremely frustrating with itching not to mention I also have a list of allergies as long as my arm which contribute to it such as; grass, wool, felt, latex, plasters, play-doh and even chocolate *sigh*.

Initially, I was born with really bad eczema it was red sore patches and would often bleed, as a child I could be found scraping my back against a door desperate to itch it. Growing up I was forever fed that classic line "don't itch it" but when you're a small kid with irritable skin you try not itching it, it's a natural reaction to scratch an itch.

At school, I would often feel anxious especially during P.E. because my skin would often look white,flaky and dry and that doesn't help when you're going through puberty having to deal with a load of other body changes. My hands have always been my problem, they have always appeared as though they belong to an old man, it's stupid how I would envy everyone else for having "normal" hands without wrinkles. Unfortunately, my hands have taken a turn for the worse these past few months, just when I thought I could move my life forward without eczema, but this times it's different and has removed layers of my skin. So I thought I would share with you some of the creams I'm using to treat it.

         
Dream Cream - Lush
A friend bought me this for Christmas but let me have it early.
 It's quite expensive but worth every penny after all it's your skin and health and you can't put a price on that. I'm normally weary with lush products as they often have a lot of ingredients and I feel they will do more harm than good because of my skin allergies. The dream cream is amazing and  its been working really well unlike a lot of other creams this helps to heal the skin and treat eczema, it's a bestseller and there's lots of positive reviews on lush.

   
Vaseline
I picked these up in the pound-shop of all places, they're a little too oily and greasy
than I would like so I mainly use them to moisturise and just use
 throughout the day to make my hands feel not so dry.




9 comments:

  1. Hey there as per my knowledge(mine and experiences of few more people) Vaseline acts like good product for your skin but if you use it daily then after few days skin gets tanned..
    Mini Noms

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends had this and she felt so conscious socialising due to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vasellin is recommended product for skin lotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your recommendations. Although I do not have Eczema I do suffer from dry itchy skin which hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor. I'm going to try the first cream you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stepson has eczema, and it most definitely is a battle. We have found coconut oil to be wonderful for him,but everyone is a little different. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had problems with my skin but I would dare to recommend you the Neutrogena cream. It is greasy but it does miracles for dry skin. Not sure if it's going to be good for you, but you never know until you try it. It is made in Norway and it's designed for the harsh and cold weather, targeting dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually experience this myself. I used to live in a tropical country and when I moved to California where it's dry, my hands just could not adjust. I simply hate it. Thank you for sharing this info. I will look into these creams and hopefully, it can have the same effect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eczema sounds like the worst - so sorry you had to deal with that / are still dealing with it some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This isn't something I've suffered with personally but there are some great tips here. Thank you for sharing.

    Ami xxx

    ReplyDelete