A Lush Sleep

by - 11:14:00




As you all know I'm a big fan of Lush, just like every other blogger out there. I'm sure you must get tired of forever seeing loads of blog posts about Lush and various bloggers and vloggers showing off their latest Lush hauls but hey I haven't posted anything about Lush in a while so give me a chance.



I must admit I am a bit of a sheep in that I'll follow the crowd and jump on the bandwagon when I hear about a popular product. A lot of the time I have to get my hands on it otherwise I feel as though I'm missing out. For a while now I've heard a lot of good reviews about the Lush Sleepy cream. I didn't buy some straight away as I was a little skepical, I mean a cream helping you get a goods night sleep it sounds too good to be true. 

If you've read my blog before then you'll know all about my anxiety and depression and well anyone who has experienced it will often all suffer from a lack of sleep, me being no exception. Most nights I can be up until 4am and naturally wake up at 8am. For the past few weeks I've found myself sleeping far too much and having long naps during the day. I can't win first I don't sleep enough and now I sleep too much. 

I knew something had to be done, in the past when I've spoken to my doctor about sleep they've always mentioned the importance of routine and to remove any distractions such as, not watching tv, playing on tablets/phones etc. Earlier this week I went into town purely to buy some of this Sleepy cream and give it a try. The first thing I noticed was the smell, often just walking past Lush can give me a headache from all the strong smells but Sleepy is different, it's got a lovely scent which is subtle and not overpowering like some of the other products. It's got the perfect balance of fragrance it's not much yet still has an amazing scent to it. Instantly the first thing I picked up on was the lavender. For the first time in a long time when I got home I couldn't wait for the night to come to put Sleepy to the test.



I only use a little bit and apply it around my eyes, under my nose and little bit on my chest. Instantly as I was applying it I was becoming more and more relaxed which was an amazing feeling as normally I'm always feeling anxious, yes even in my own room and bed I can still anxious. Every night I've been used Sleepy I've had a good sleep and to top it off normally in the morning when I'm brushing my teeth I'll notice patches of dry skin on my face from my Eczema but the Sleepy has stopped these patches from appearing. As it stands I'm waking up feeling refreshed and in a better mood knowing I've have a good sleep. I'd highly recommend giving Sleepy a try before trying alternatives such as; sleeping pills as they were the only thing I thought would work. 

Sleepy is the perfect stocking filler for Christmas, personally I'm too selfish to share and couldn't bring myself to gifting anyone a pot cause I'm addicted to it too much. If you struggle with your sleep and you're fortunate enough to have a Lush store nearby then pop in and try a little cause it might just work for you too. It's a perfect treat and has that wintery feel to it where it just wraps you up like a blanket on a cold wintery evening.

Here's what Lush have to say about Sleepy...

'You'll sleep well after dipping into this dreamy lotion, made with a gentle oatmeal infusion, calming lavender flower and comforting sweet tonka absolute. A rich, malty and floral perfume conjures up visions of sugar plums and hot drinks topped with whipped cream while the heavenly ministrations of creamy Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and delicate lavender water cook and enrich the skin. Blanket your body in this lovely lotion before stepping into soft pyjamas for snuggle nights beside the fire.'


You May Also Like

0 comments