Onwards and Upwards

by - 23:41:00

 
So the last time you heard from me was quite a while ago and well back then life appeared as though it was on the up. I overcame my final year at uni with a 1st class degree, I had just achieved the biggest success of my life and felt invincible. 



Well life was pretty good for a few months and after a lot of contemplating despite all my struggles at uni I decided to persevere and apply for my post grad. I had a lot of doubt in my mind thinking is this too soon. Depression and anxiety was no longer going to control my life, I had taken control back. 




At first it was difficult my anxiety was through the roof and it didn't help that uni changed our group every day so for a few weeks I was constantly being moved around with strangers. At times I'd sit down and within a few seconds I was out the door on my way home. But before I knew it I made friends and I was content. 




I had some setbacks on the course and with setbacks comes depression. I needed university to support me and so when I asked for support I was shocked to learn the university was no longer going to support me. There's a lot in the media from primary school children experiencing mental health issues to university students feeling let down by their university. 




It was clear university didn't give a monkeys about my health and they even recommended I take time out from the course. Instead of supporting those with mental health issues they wanted us out instead. I knew if I stayed on the course then it wouldn't be long until I was back to my old ways having suicidal thoughts circle my head and being too anxious some days to even leave my bedroom. 




I had no option but to leave the course and drop out of uni. It's angered a lot of people my friends are uni were supported and told me I'm good at what I do and shouldn't give up. But I couldn't risk it. 




So now I'm in a bit of a rut, no university and no job. But I have this positive attitude telling me to turn a negative into a positive. And so with that in mind the plan it to take a gap year and boy do I need it. Now I've got some time on my hands and I'm gonna look into a career which appeals to me more. There's a few things this gap year will help me to achieve like losing weight and learning to drive. 


Onwards and upwards, I'm back guys and this time I'm going nowhere. 

You May Also Like

0 comments